Each year, YWCA Yakima offers shelter, support and care to approximately 14,000 of our neighbors in the Yakima Valley. Every holiday season, Solarity adopts families who will spend the holidays at the YWCA. This year, Solarity is sponsoring two families of three.
What to know about the families we're supporting:
- Girl, age 8, wishes for Roblox, a bike, a scooter, a kitchen set and dress-up items. (Clothing: size 7/8 coat, size 7/8 shirts, size 7/8 pants, size 2 shoes and size 6 undies/socks.)
- Girl, age 9, wishes for a scooter, dress-up items, Barbie Dolls, doll clothes and play food. (Clothing: size 7/8 coat, size 7/8 shirts, size 7/8 pants, size 3 shoes and size 6 undies/socks.)
- Mom wishes for self-care items and toiletries. (Clothing: XL coat, XL shirts, size 13 pants, size 8.5/9 shoes and LG/38C undies/socks.)
- Girl, age 13, wishes for hair supplies and makeup. (Clothing: LG coat, MED shirts, JR 0 pants, size 6 shoes and SM undies/socks.)
- Girl, age 17, wishes for hair supplies, makeup and drawing supplies. (Clothing: XL coat, LG shirts, JR 1 pants, size 6.5 shoes and MED undies/socks.)
- Mom wishes for cooking supplies, home decor and self-care items. (Clothing: 2X coat, 2X shirts, 2X pants, size 9 shoes and XL/40C undies/socks.)
How you can help
This year, we are asking our members to donate what they can to help make the holidays a little brighter for all the families the YWCA serves. Giving options include:
Donate an unwrapped toy or item from the wish lists above. You can drop these gifts off at any Solarity branch or ship online purchases directly to 110 N 5th in Yakima now through December 13.
Make a cash donation at any Solarity Branch by simply mentioning it to a team member. All donations will be given to the YWCA.
Donate through online or mobile banking. Here's how it works:
- Within online banking, select "transfer" then select the account you wish to donate from
- In the "To Account" field, choose "Another Member"
- Enter the account number, which is "180786," and then for last name enter "YWCA"
Thank you for your generosity and willingness to help so many families this holiday season!