Each year, YWCA Yakima offers shelter, support and care to approximately 14,000 of our neighbors in the Yakima Valley. Every holiday season, Solarity adopts families who will spend the holidays at the YWCA. This year, Solarity is sponsoring a Mom and her four children. Here is a link to their wish list.
What to know about the family we're supporting:
- Boy, age 5, wishes for a tablet, a bike and dinosaurs
- Girl, age 6, wishes for a tea set, Baby Alive, a bike, American doll and a tablet
- Girl, age 12, wishes for lotion and spray (Bath and Body Works and Victoria secret) and a tablet
- Girl, age 16, wishes for makeup, lotions/sprays and a tablet
- The Mom wishes for a jacket, a plate set, pots and pans and a Keurig coffee maker
How you can help
This year, we are asking our members to donate what they can to help make the holidays a little brighter for all the families the YWCA serves. Giving options include:
- Donate an unwrapped toy at any Solarity branch through December 13, or order from the wish list of the family we are sponsoring. You can choose to have the items sent directly to 110 N 5th in Yakima during checkout.
- Make a cash donation at any Solarity Branch by simply mentioning it to a team member. We will send one large check in mid-December!
- Donate through online or mobile banking. Here's how it works:
- Within online banking, select "transfer" then select the account you wish to donate from
- In the "To Account" field, choose "Another Member"
- Enter the account number, which is "180786" then for last name, enter "YWCA"
Solarity will be doing the gift and check donation to the YWCA on Friday, December 16. Thank you for your generosity and willingness to help so many families this holiday season.