Having A Hard Time Making Your Solarity Credit Union Mortgage Payment(s)?
If you are in default of a real estate loan you have with the Solarity Credit Union, a Member Services Representative may be contacting you in the near future to discuss the default. In preparation for this discussion, you should collect and be prepared to discuss (and possibly present at a later time) the below-listed financial documents. These documents will be useful to the discussion of the options that may be available to you for avoiding the associated real estate’s foreclosure and sale.
- Current Account Statements for all Checking and Savings Accounts, whether with Solarity Credit Union or any other Financial Institution;
- A list of your Personal Assets, including, but not limited to all Real Property, Vehicles, and Securities;
- A list of your major bills;
- Your most recent W-2 Form and Tax Return;
- Your Pay Stubs from the past six months;
- Benefit Statements from Social Security, Disability, Unemployment, Retirement or Public Assistance; and
- Loan Documents and Current Account Statements from all other Loans you have with Solarity Credit Union and all other Financial Institutions, including, but not limited to Credit Card Statements, Vehicle Loan Documents and Statements, Real Property Loan Documents and Statements and Student Loan Statements.
If you are unable to afford mortgage payments owed to Solarity Credit Union and wish to avoid foreclosure, the following options (among others) may be available to you:
- Special Forbearance – Solarity Credit Union may be able and willing to temporarily reduce or suspend your payments for a fixed period of time. At the end of that time, you must make a lump sum payment or enter into a long-term repayment plan to pay back the reduced or suspended amount.
- Repayment Plan – Solarity Credit Union may be able to arrange a simple repayment plan whereby you make your mortgage payment, plus an amount of the total in default. The plan could be a few months long, or may extend to a year. At the end of the time period, you would have paid off the past due amount and your payments go back to the original payment amount.
- Mortgage Modification – You may be able to refinance the debt and extend the term of your mortgage loan with Solarity Credit Union or some other lender.
- Pre-Foreclosure Sale – This will allow you to sell your property and pay off your mortgage loan to avoid foreclosure and damage to your credit rating. If you’re unable to afford the house long-term, you may sell the house yourself before the foreclosure sale and save some of your equity.
If you wish to contact Solarity Credit Union to discuss any of your accounts, or to discuss options for avoiding the foreclosure of any real estate that secured a debt owed to Solarity Credit Union, please contact us at 800.347.9222.
In addition, the Washington State Department of Financial Institutions 800.894.4663 or the Northwest Justice Project 800.997.8944 may be able to refer you to a certified housing counseling agency or provide other assistance or referrals helpful to you in connection with your real estate loan default. (Northwest Justice is open weekdays, 2-4:30 p.m.)