How do I update Quicken for Windows?
Our new online banking update will require a Quicken update. You will need to modify your Quicken settings to ensure the smooth transition of your data. Please reference the dates next to each task as this information is time sensitive.
To complete these instructions, you will need your User ID and Password for each Financial Institution.
You should perform the following instructions exactly as described and in the order presented. If you do not, your online banking connectivity may stop functioning properly. This conversion should take 15–30 minutes.
Step 1: Conversion Preparation
- Backup your data file. For instructions to back up your data file, choose Help menu > Search. Search for Backing Up Your Data and follow the instructions.
- Download the latest Quicken Update. For instructions to download an update, choose Help menu > Search. Search for Update Software and follow the instructions.
Step 2: Disconnect Accounts at Solarity Credit Union on or after July 18, 2017
- Choose Tools menu > Account List.
- Click the Edit button of the account you want to deactivate.
- In the Account Details dialog, click on the Online Services tab.
- Click Deactivate. Follow the prompts to confirm the deactivation.
- Click on the General tab.
- Remove the financial institution name and account number. Click OK to close the window.
- Repeat steps for each account to be disconnected.
Step 3: Reconnect Accounts to Solarity Credit Union on or after July 18, 2017
- Download your Quicken Web Connect file from my.solaritycu.org
NOTE: Take note of the date you last had a successful connection in your Quicken account. If you have overlapping dates in the Web Connect download, you may end up with duplicate transactions.
- Click File > File Import > Web Connect File. Locate and select the Web Connect file to import.
- Import Downloaded Transactions window opens: Select Link to an existing account and choose the matching account in the drop-down menu. Associate the imported transactions to the correct account listed in Quicken.
IMPORTANT: Do not select Create a new account unless you intend to add a new account to Quicken. If you are presented with accounts you do not want to track in this data file, select Ignore – Don’t Download into Quicken or click the Cancel button.
- Repeat steps for each account to be reconnected.